Students for Concealed Carry describe themselves as a national, non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to legalizing self-defense on campus. They wrote an article article directly rebutting one written by Students for Gun Free Schools, a counter-movement that emerged in response to SCC.
Link to the article: Why our Campuses are NOT Safer without Concealed Handguns
In the article, SCC gives their take on these five statements posed by SGFS:
- Concealed handguns would detract from a healthy learning environment
- More guns on campus would create additional risk for students
- Shooters would not be deterred by concealed carry permit holders
- Concealed carry permit holders are not always “law-abiding” citizens, and
- Concealed carry permit holders are not required to have law enforcement training.
No matter what your opinion of campus gun policies or gun control, this article could definitely strengthen or change your views.
Link to original SGFS article: Why our Campuses are Safer without Concealed Handguns
Check out SCC’s Twitter page @concealedcarry, and their website: concealedcampus.org.
Photo from concealedcampus.org